It is not the intent of this site to provide medical advice. This blog chronicles my fitness and nutrition philosophy based on some combination of my experience, research, and biases. You read, and you decide.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Welcome to FuncTrain!

Welcome to the FuncTrain blog. This is a forum for discussing research and strategies for functional training, nutrition, and overall health in a culture in which dysfunction is the norm.

Most of my topics will be approached with an evolutionary slant.

One feature of this site is the "Health Topic Trial". In an ongoing process, I will be compiling research on certain issues I find interesting, presenting the evidence on both sides, interpreting it, and drawing tentative conclusions. This is not a static process, and new evidence can always be presented.

The first few trials will most likely include:

-Raw milk vs. Pasteurized: Is raw milk from local, pastured cows a better choice than "normal" pasteurized milk from the store?

-Brief, high intensity exercise vs. Steady state cardio: Which strategy offers greater benefit, and is there a place for both in an optimal routine?

-Low carbohydrate diet vs. high carbohydrate diets for endurance athletes

Expect future posts to also cover topics such as meditation, Egoscue method posture therapy, myofascial release, kettlebells, barefoot running, tree climbing, and whatever else piques my interest.

Comments always welcome. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. No, I'm putting my work into this at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing 3 to 4 workouts with Brant a week (YAY kettlebells!) and on his prescribed low carb diet since January. I've lost 16 lbs, untold inches and a pants size and I feel amazing. My energy has skyrocketed and I'm sleeping so well at night. If I can do it - you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Dina. You're the best.

    ReplyDelete